I used to make kale chips in my oven and then I discovered air fryer kale chips – they’re oil-free and take only 3 minutes to cook! That’s right folks, 3 minutes (well 6 if you count the 3 minutes spent preheating the air fryer).
Even though it’s a no frills recipe, I created a short video demonstrating how easy it is. Feel free to vary the spices used in the spice blend.
- Wash and dry kale; remove center stem and tear into pieces
- Air fry for a total of 3 minutes
- Sprinkle with spice blend
Air Fryer Kale Chips
Servings: 4 servings
- air fryer
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, aka Tuscan kale, Italian kale, dinosaur kale
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- Wash the kale leaves. Shake off the water then lay on a towel. Cover with a second towel to dry.
- While the kale is drying, prepare the spice blend. Put the garlic powder, cumin powder, paprika, and salt into a small bowl and stir.
- Remove the center stem from each kale leaf, then tear into bite-sized pieces.
- Preheat air fryer at 325ºF for 3 minutes.Add kale to the air fryer basket; don't fill more 3/4 full.Cook for 1-1/2 minutes, pause the air fryer and shake the kale around, then cook for 1-1/2 more minutes. Pour onto a plate.Repeat this process until all of the kale is dried into chips.
- Sprinkle the kale chips with the spice blend, and enjoy!
- Smoked, sweet, or hot paprika can be used in the spice blend.
- If you don’t eat all of the kale chips right away, and some become limp, simply put them back in your preheated air fryer for about 30 seconds.
Calories: 36kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Sodium: 133mg | Potassium: 346mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 6870IU | Vitamin C: 81mg | Calcium: 105mg | Iron: 1mg
What brand air fryer do I use?
My son, Chris, bought me a Ninja base model for Christmas 2020 and it works great.
If you enjoy Air Fryer Kale Chips, you may also enjoy my Air Fryer Pakora recipe.