Gluten-Free Vegan Pizza
This recipe for gluten-free vegan pizza uses pita for crust, making it super fast and easy to prepare!
Servings: 1 personal pizza
- 1 gluten-free pita pocket
- 1/4 cup pizza sauce, pesto, or cashew cheese ricotta
- Toppings of your choice
Preheat the oven to 500ºF.If using a pizza stone or cast iron pizza pan, preheat the stone/pan while preheating the oven.
Spread pesto, ricotta, or tomato sauce onto the pita.
Arrange your choice of toppings.
Bake for about 5 minutes on preheated pizza stone or preheated cast iron pizza pan – or until the pita is crispy. If necessary, bake the pizza on other baking sheet/pan.
- If using Miyoko's Vegan Mozzarella, put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes to make it easier to shred.
- Since the pizza is only baked for 5 minutes, the shredded Miyoko's Mozzarella may not melt; broiling the pizza briefly will help the cheese melt.
- If you decide to use spinach as a topping, wilt it first in a pan with a bit of water. Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle with a bit of olive oil if desired.