Creamy Dill Sauce and Dressing
Servings: 8 eighth-cup servings
- 2/3 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill weed, or 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons dry dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Judy's Sage and Rosemary Blend (see notes), optional but wonderful
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
If you don't have a high speed blender, begin by either presoaking or precooking the cashews (see FAQs) otherwise the dressing may turn out a bit gritty.
Put all of the ingredients into a blender, bullet blender, or food processor and let stand for about 15 minutes.
Blend until smooth, scraping the sides with a soft spatula as needed
Judy's Sage and Rosemary Blend
Thoroughly blend approximately equal amounts of dried sage and dried rosemary using a spice grinder or bullet blender (some have a milling blade).
Calories: 61kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 108mg | Potassium: 71mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 8IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 4mg | Iron: 1mg